‘Tis the season – people are buying, selling and building like crazy. So, if you’re considering listing your home, here are a few things you can do to boost your curb and inside appeal!
- Seriously Spring Clean – clean your windows (inside and out), dust everything, polish your hardwood floors (or wax depending on the materials), and have your carpets cleaned! If you have pets or children, a deep, thorough cleaning will not only allow for the carpets to look their best, but will get rid of any odors lingering in the carpets and rugs as well.
- Tend to Your Lawn & Landscape – prune shrubs and small trees, clean up any leaves, and spring is a great time to fertilize your grass too!
- Consider Flowers – adding outdoor flowers that pop against your exterior home colors is a great way to add curb appeal! Red zinnias pop against a neutral home, while yellow daffodils add a splash of warmth.
- Don’t Forget the Door! – The front door is a buyer’s first impression of your home. Make sure it latches properly, doesn’t creak, and doesn’t let in a draft. Add a new coat of paint or stain, or maybe even consider painting that a new color too! Add in a welcome mat for a home-y vibe.
- Repairs & Upkeep – make sure your HVAC system has been serviced, your gutters cleaned, siding inspected, roof checked over.. all of the fun spring tasks we discussed in our previous article!
- Let there be LIGHT – open blinds and curtains for natural sunlight to make your home feel airy and bright.
- Renovations – needing to upgrade your kitchen, or remodel your living area? Our personnel have the expertise necessary to anticipate and effectively manage the difficulties unique to renovation projects!